1. Are you a hedgehog hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for hedgehog enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and have a great time with other hedgehog enthusiasts. Sign up today!
    Dismiss Notice

Where the Heck Is Everyone?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussions' started by Yvonne G, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Yvonne G

Yvonne G Administrator

It's pretty boring coming on here every so often and not seeing any changes from the last time I visited. Where are you? I was hoping to get to see some pictures of your cute little hedgehogs - or do you call them 'hedgies'? (Truth be told, I don't like my dog referred to as a 'dobie'. She's a doberman, thank you very much!!)

I'm going to inundate you with junk posts every time I come over here and see none of you have posted, so get busy, and let's get this forum going!
  2. Yvonne G

Yvonne G Administrator

Well, you were warned. I'm back and none of you have posted.

Here's a picture of my newest little stray cat, Sterling. She's just been spayed and is in the house as a house cat until she drives me crazy. She's about 6 months old and just showed up one day a couple weeks ago. EW I hate the smell of that litter box. I clean it out a couple times a day, but it still smells.

Sterling 6-4-17.jpg Sterling 6-28-17 a.jpg Sterling a.jpg
  3. Yvonne G

Yvonne G Administrator

So, here's the third installment of junk from yours truly. It's going to keep on until you folks start posting and showing pictures of your cute little creatures:

Today was garbage day, so I took the trash over to my daughter's house (because I don't have garbage service).

I used to have a horse, but had her euthanized a couple years ago because of old age and subsequent problems:

April 10-21-11.jpg April and Misty.jpg april.jpg

She's an appaloosa, but her mom was quarter horse.

Tomorrow more junk, so come on guys. Post why don'tcha!
  4. Yvonne G

Yvonne G Administrator

Still playing hard to get, huh?

So, yesterday ended a 16 day long run of triple digit temperatures here in Clovis, CA. It only got up to 99F. Supposed to be right around there again today.

Several wild fires burning here in Central California. When I went in my garage yesterday there was a light film of tiny ash particles all over my car. You'd think parking in the garage would keep the car, well actually, it's a truck, clean, right? The garage is a metal building and there's an open vent at the peak of the roof to allow the built-up heat to escape. I guess wind blew in the ash particles.

Sure would like to see pictures of your little hedgehogs. Come on, folks!

turtle.jpg
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2017
  5. Yvonne G

Yvonne G Administrator

Lucky for you I'm waiting for the tow truck to come give me a jump, but I'll be here with junk posts tomorrow unless one of you posts something about your hedgehog. So be warned.
  6. Yvonne G

Yvonne G Administrator

Well you almost lucked out as I went grocery shopping before checking if you posted anything. But, ha ha, the joke's on you - here I am!!

This is Misty. She's a 70lb doberman, about 3 or 4 years old (old and have trouble remembering things). I gave her a hot dog bun as a reward for being a good dog while I was gone. Misty can't just eat a hot dog bun (or any bread). She has to bury it first. Well, we're not outside and no good burying sites in here. So she has picked up two of her toys, along with the hot dog bun, and she's walking around the house looking for a burying spot:

Misty's mouthfull.jpg
  7. Yvonne G

Yvonne G Administrator

Good morning all you invisible hedgehog keepers. How the heck are all of you this a.m.? I'm still waiting to see pictures of your little critters. How 'bout it, huh? Come on!!

10-15-11 Bo-2.jpg

This is a close-up of one of my Aldabran tortoises. Isn't he a handsome fellow?
  8. Yvonne G

Yvonne G Administrator

Here's today's junk installment:

Misty's toybox
    IMG_20170724_1041346_rewind.jpg

All you have to do to get me to quit is start posting.
  9. Yvonne G

Yvonne G Administrator

Good morning all you lurkers. I'm still waiting to see pictures of your little hedgehogs. Here's a picture of a picture of my dad's '35 Ford Phaeton. He restored it. When I was in high school I used to sneak it when he was at work and drive it to the beach. We lived in San Francisco. This was in the '50s.

1935 Ford Phaeton.JPG
  10. Yvonne G

Yvonne G Administrator

uh huh. . . still no pictures of your cute little hedgehogs. ***Yvonne taps foot in irritation***

This is what's happening here this a.m.:

leopard eggs 7-20-17.jpg

And here's what's already happened:

leopard tortoise babies 7-26-17.jpg

Anybody want to buy a leopard tortoise baby?
  11. Yvonne G

Yvonne G Administrator

Well, it's been a week and none of you has posted yet. I'm starting to believe there aren't any members of this Forum - just 'bots and 'guests'.

I'm just going to go through my pictures and pick something at random:

afghan.jpg

This is an afghan I made a few years ago. I entered it in our local fair and got an honorable mention.
  12. Yvonne G

Yvonne G Administrator

I have an out of town guest this week end, so you're all off the hook, but I'll be back with a vengeance on Monday, so post your pictures!
  13. Yvonne G

Yvonne G Administrator

Ha! You thought you would get out of reading my junk posts because I have out of town guests. . . but he's gone now, so I'm ba-a-a-a-a-ack!!

This is an x-ray of a tortoise's rear leg that is dislocated from the hip socket. He subsequently had surgery to remove the ball joint and is now doing just fine. . . breeding the girls and marching around his yard without a limp. Makes me wonder: if they get along so well without a hip joint, why do we have one?
    03-131-15 Darth X-ray b.jpg
  14. Yvonne G

Yvonne G Administrator

Still nobody posting, huh?

Take a real close look at the clean clothes in the laundry basket.

IMG_20170730_1728395_rewind.jpg
  15. Yvonne G

Yvonne G Administrator

Such a busy forum. So many posters telling us about their ugly little hedgehogs. I can hardly wade through all these posts in a day, I just don't have the time. Why do you all post so much?

antique irons.jpg
  16. Yvonne G

Yvonne G Administrator

Still nothing????

IMG_20170710_1819298_rewind.jpg
  17. Yvonne G

Yvonne G Administrator

Good morning all you lurkers.

Here's today's junk installment:

crutchfield_0001_07.JPG